Sunday, January 31

Got scolded by a man for seating at the priority seat!


-The conversation below was edited cause the man had very horrible english and no clues on present and past tense.

"Hello young person, young person." Waves hand in between my face and the book I was reading.

"Can you read what this is? Do you understand english?" Points to the priority seat sticker.

"Huh? Ya I can read and know what it means."

"Why bother reading a book if you don't even understand what it means? There were 2 elderly in the cabin just now and one had to walked all the way to the middle of the train just to seat. You call yourself a young person?"

Hello, in the first place, I didn't call myself a young person. that word didn't (READ) didn't came out from my mouth. I heard an annoying fly chanting young person, young person and I ignored it till you waved your hand in my face!

About the 2 elderly, I swear I didn't see them coming in as I was too absorbed in my book.(Why do I bother explaining) Look, even if you assumed that I was PRETENDING to read my book and listening to my music, why didn't you reminded me to let the elderly seat. YOU stood there and watch. I could have happily allow the elderly to have my seat if YOU kindly asked me to!

BUT OHH NO, you didn't do that. You had your big words loaded in your head like a machine gun, ready to reprimand any young person like me who happens to be seating in the "I'm either too old, handicapped or carrying another life in me" seat.

"I didn't see them and I was reading my book!"

"Stop pretending lah. You can seat here pretend to not see them and still have the cheek to listen to your music?"

I didn't know the government added a new law, disallowing reading and listening music when occupying the priority seat. I can tell that your understanding of this seat is on the surface level only.

Yes, it is to allow the not so abled people to seat. But can't you see with your narrow minded eyes that the government is trying to get Singaporeans to practice the habit of giving up their seats to those who are more in need?

Doesn't mean that SMRT labelled that as the priority seat means the person sitting beside can chose not to give up their seat. And if SMRT decides to label all the seats, are you gonna scold every single person on the train?

"But I was really reading my book."

"I want to say it loud so that I can embarrass you in front of all these people"

Obviously you're trying to gain attention so that people will think you're a good citizen teaching the young what's right and what's wrong. I'm sorry, who are you again?

I gave him the I'm-not-at-all-embarrassed, you're-the-one embarrassing-yourself-by-talking-so loudly expression.

You started your righteous talk, thinking it will make me pai seh? Hell no, you got the wrong person Mister. People stared. What do you want me to do? I can't just stand up and shout "HEY ANY OLD PEOPLE WANT MY SEAT?" That's when I decided to just sit there and smile at you.

"You call yourself a young person huh. And what are you wearing? Israel...?" Stares at my pendant as he alights the station.

I'm still smiling.

When you realized that you have nothing to say and everyone is staring at you, you pick on my "star of david" ? What on earth is wrong with you? If you have nothing better to say then shut up. Don't make a fool of yourself you self righteous man!

Ohh btw, why did you only wait till the time when you're about to alight to water me with your words of bullshit, oops, I mean wisdom. Are you afraid that I can might come up with something that will put you in a difficult position? May god save you little man.

Cause you're not worth arguing with.


5 comments:

  1. Haiyo. The man shouldnt have shouted at you. But you can't deny the fact that its also your fault for not giving up the seat to the old man what. Next time sit at the seats in the middle okay? Or not don't read book when you sit at the piority seat. It's not that the people sitting in the middle does not need to give up their seats to those in need. It's just that the ones sitting on the piority seats should take the initiative to do so first. Afterall it's a seat for the needy and there's a reason why they locate the piority seats at the side right next to the door, so that those sitting there would be able to see the needy people when they enter the train and offer them a seat. By saying that I dont mean that those sitting in the middle does not have to offer their seats to the needy la. And I'm not saying you didn't give up the seat because you dont want to. But just explaining the whole theory of piority seats to you. And as for the man who scolded you, well, I guess all I can say is just your luck to have met someone like him. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm just unlucky, that's all. I know the purpose of that god damn mother fucking seat (: However, I still don't think I'm wrong for seating there. Who are they to tell me what I should or (even better),what I should not do? Yes, I know it's not nice to do that cause old people are weak and dying and we should give them some credits for giving us a world that is ending quite soon. Let's say I have menstruation cramps. Do I not deserve that seat as much as any old lady who can barely balance herself? That man makes a wonderful candidate for the arrogance award. And yeah, I'll avoid that stupid seat if possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually, if the train is crowded, I'd avoid sitting on a priority seat even if that seat is empty right under my nose!

    I also met a similar encounter as yours. But as for me, I was even unluckier. I wasn't sitting on a priority seat, and got scolded by a old auntie for not giving up my seat to a pregnant INDIAN. But the point is, there's a girl, no older than I am was sitting on the priority seat. WTF right? Because I was nearer to that furious aunty, she targeted me since I'm nearer.

    These people huh, should stop pretending to be the Messiah there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA! WANG you're damn suay I swear. But isn't it unintelligent to NOT seat on the empty seat when it's in your face? Tourist will think the locals are fucking stupid and might doubt how losers like us can provide education deemed as one of the most desirable in the world.

    As for the old auntie, fuck her. She probably haven't have sex for more than a decade.

    India and China are the two largest populated countries. No offence but the world can do better with less indians and chinese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete